The Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box is a non-electric, open-source food production system that can be easily constructed using common tools and parts.
The system is:
- 100% EMP-proof, using no circuit boards.
- 100% non-electric. Requires no electricity whatsoever.
- Key parts needed for the system can be easily scavenged almost anywhere (a paper clip, a pencil eraser, etc.).
- Eliminates weeding.
- Grows food in less than half the space of soil agriculture.
- Grows food at waist height; eliminating bending over.
- Uses about 1/20 the water of conventional soil agriculture.
- Produces highly nutritious food with higher mineral density.
- Can grow vegetables, fruits, herbs and even root vegetables (with an adaptation to be released later).
The Food Rising Mini-Farm Grow Box, additional accessories and supplies are now carried by SupplySource.com
Credit for the teaching of "non-circulating hydroponics" belongs to Professor B. Kratky at the University of Hawaii, Hilo.